Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
You will be responsible for managing and executing the testing of our advanced insurance applications and platform.
You will need to learn and understand our product at a detailed level and coordinate with developers and the product team to execute the primary QA responsibilities, including:
- Be accountable for highly complex products as the primary automation QA
- Review development stories and help define and document the right test criteria and cases
- Work with product or project managers to establish timing and ensure timely completion of QA deliverables
- Design, execute, and maintain manual tests and test data
- Communicate with developers and product managers on specific issues
- Analyze and debug issues and collaborate with developers to ensure root cause is identified
- Prioritize issues and facilitate issue resolution
- Document test results with all necessary detail
- Develop and maintain QA guidelines and process documentation
- Identify and implement improved or more efficient QA processes
- Work in close collaboration with product, developers, and other QA members to produce high quality products and release on time
- Deploy and troubleshoot local, sandbox, and/or CI/CD environments to enable testing
You will lead and execute QA automation efforts by performing the following responsibilities:
- Design, create and maintain testing framework(s) as needed
- Automate back-end, API, front-end, and other test cases in a complex multi-product, multi-services environment using tools such as Selenium Protractor or by writing code in our inhouse testing framework
- Create tools to run automated tests at pre-set times automatically or at code merge
- Create reporting frameworks and actual reports for automated test results
Note: This role entails a mix of manual and automation work, with manual being the minority (10%-30%).
These skills are essential for success in this position:
- Minimum 5 years’ QA or developer experience on web applications in multi-application production environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or other related or similar field, e.g., Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics) or international equivalent degree or equivalent work experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science (or other related or similar field) + 1 year of relevant experience in lieu of BA/BS + 5 years experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Hands-on experience writing, running, and maintaining automation testing frameworks and/or automated tests
- Experience with testing techniques such as regression testing, ad hoc testing, feature testing, security testing, user interface testing, integration testing, performance testing, and/or user acceptance training
- Must be able to work from our NYC location when we return to the office
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
These skills are a plus:
- Selenium Protractor Experience
- Ability and willingness to look into code bases outside one’s direct responsibility to identify potential failure points
- Demonstrable experience with the Agile methodology and frequent releases
- Demonstrable experience in multi-platform testing (desktop, tablet, mobile) and multi-browser testing
- Demonstrable experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting
- Hands on experience in automated testing and framework creation
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and best practices including build and source control automation tools Jenkins and Git
- Demonstrable experience with SQL queries
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC)!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.