QA Engineer - Android (Contract Manual Tester) at Peloton
Peloton's Quality Engineering team is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to work on our award-winning Peloton products - Peloton Bike & Peloton Tread. In this role, you will directly take responsibility for the quality of the product and work closely with Software/Hardware developers, Product Management and help teams cultivate a quality mindset, coach and advocate for quality while assisting teams with software testing practices.
*Please note that this role is a 6 Month Contract*
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience in software QA
- Experience must include products with electromechanical hardware/software integration.
- Experience with defining a test strategy for an entire product/feature
- Familiar with Android system
- Exceptional test aptitude and expertise in formal and informal testing techniques as well as quality reporting.
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Experience in using code repositories (Git, JIRA, Confluence, or similar tools).
- Experience working with cross-functional scrum teams and Excellent team players.
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Develop the test plans that cover functional, integration, system, performance, stress and regression testing scenarios.
- Perform functional, integration and system testing
- Create test reports, analyze data, summarize information, and present results to the relevant audience, especially for the low-level platform software.
- Provide frequent reporting on product qualification status and system performance metrics to functional teams and senior management.
- Work closely with the developers, hardware QAs, software QAs, and project managers as well as help developers to identify problems efficiently and provide testing information or experience timely in order to drive the issues being fixed.
- Work with teams to make testing an integral part of the software development process
- Ensure the integrity of product or project deliverable shipped to customers and manufacture
- Assist in driving adoption of best practices in testing and maintainability
- Assist in mentoring and coaching
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Hands on experience in automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices (Android device)
- Hands on experience with setting up and configuring Jenkins or CircleCI
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.