QA Engineer I at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus, and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
We’re looking for a Quality Engineer to work on mobile and web applications that will be used by millions of Diners. We are seeking an engineer with technical skills who is super creative and enjoys solving tough problems. As a Software Quality Engineer, you will work closely with software engineers, product managers, designers, other quality team members to raise the quality bar of applications and use problem-solving to speed up our releases as you mentor others.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Define test coverage, develop quick and smart test plans, create and maintain test cases and regression suite, execute functional and performance tests, evaluate and report quality of existing technologies and new features
- Design and develop best practices for testing and test strategy in a continuous integration environment.
- Capture quality assurance data, metrics to provide insights and conclusions for continuous integration and development
- Triage and debug difficult problems, driving them to a resolution to make the user experience phenomenal
- Working in an onsite/offshore model on a daily basis.
- Work in a tight deadline and high-speed release environment.
- Collaborate with the Product team to design test cases and test scripts
- Collaborate with Development to drive automation and test engineering
- Owns the overall quality of an application or a feature throughout the lifecycle
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- Experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent understanding of software test engineering, Software quality, CI/CD best practices
- Understanding of a variety of distributed infrastructure technologies and systems
- Deals well with ambiguous/under‐defined problems; able to think abstractly
- Knowledge of Selenium Webdriver, Test Cafe, RESTful API automation or Appium, or other object-oriented languages
- Excellent Understanding of proxy tools like google dev tools, Charles proxy, or Wireshark
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex spending accounts, retirement options, and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.