QA Engineer (Manual & Automation) at Haven Technologies
Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be responsible for managing and executing the testing of our advanced insurance applications and platform. You will need to learn and understand our products at a detailed level and work with the team (primarily made up of developers, product managers, and other QA engineers) to ship high-quality products or features every two weeks.
This role entails a mix of manual and automation work and we expect the automation component to grow over time. Coding tests and automation questions are a part of the selection process for this role. Also, a Computer Science or related degree is strongly preferred.
Your testing responsibilities will include:
- Be accountable for highly complex products as the primary QA
- Lead or perform software test projects and tasks
- Review epics and stories, define the right test plan and criteria for them, and provide effort estimates
- Establish clear expectations of scope and timing of all testing deliverables with the team
- Define, execute, and document manual tests, test data, and test results with necessary detail
- Communicate test results to the team and help prioritize and resolve any issues
- Analyze and debug production defects and work with the team to prioritize and resolve them
- Deploy and troubleshoot local, sandbox, and/or CI/CD environments to enable testing
- Identify ways to make the testing process and surrounding processes more efficient and effective over time
- Document knowledge that will be useful for new team members looking to test your product and its dependencies
Your automation responsibilities will include:
- Document and prioritize test cases for automation
- Automate some test cases and add them to the existing automation framework
- Run automated test cases during sprint testing, UAT testing, etc.
- Run and analyze reports for automated test results
These skills are essential for success in this position:
- Minimum 5 years of QA experience on web applications in multi-application production environments
- Experience with multiple types of testing, for example, regression testing, ad hoc testing, feature testing, user acceptance testing, user interface testing, integration testing, performance testing, security testing, etc.
- Experience in creating, running and maintaining automated tests
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills, including debugging and log analysis
- Must be able to work from our NYC location when we return to the office
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
These skills are a plus:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Computer Science or related degree strongly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to look into code bases outside one’s direct responsibility to identify potential failure points
- Extensive experience with the Agile methodology and frequent releases
- Experience in multi-platform testing (desktop, tablet, mobile) and multi-browser testing
- Experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting
- Experience with SQL queries
- Intermediate coding skills
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot local and sandbox environments
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#11 Best Workplaces in New York, #15 Best Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC)!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in our vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask-wearing, social distancing, and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with evolving public health landscape. Haven Technologies will consider all legally required exemptions and accommodation requests.