Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
- Be accountable for highly complex products as the primary QA
- Lead or perform software test projects and tasks
- Review epics and stories, define the right test plan and criteria for them, and provide effort estimates
- Establish clear expectations of scope and timing of all testing deliverables with the team
- Define, execute, and document manual tests, test data, and test results with necessary detail
- Communicate test results to the team and help prioritize and resolve any issues
- Analyze and debug production defects and work with the team to prioritize and resolve them
- Deploy and troubleshoot local, sandbox, and/or CI/CD environments to enable testing
- Identify ways to make the testing process and surrounding processes more efficient and effective over time
- Document knowledge that will be useful for new team members looking to test your product and its dependencies
Your automation responsibilities will include:
- Document and prioritize test cases for automation
- Automate some test cases and add them to the existing automation framework
- Run automated test cases during sprint testing, UAT testing, etc.
- Run and analyze reports for automated test results
These skills are essential for success in this position:
- Minimum 5 years of QA experience on web applications in multi-application production environments
- Experience with multiple types of testing, for example, regression testing, ad hoc testing, feature testing, user acceptance testing, user interface testing, integration testing, performance testing, security testing, etc.
- Experience in creating, running and maintaining automated tests
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills, including debugging and log analysis
- Qualified applicants must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Must be able to work full-time from our Manhattan office (once offices open again)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Computer Science or related degree strongly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to look into code bases outside one’s direct responsibility to identify potential failure points
- Extensive experience with the Agile methodology and frequent releases
- Experience in multi-platform testing (desktop, tablet, mobile) and multi-browser testing
- Experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting
- Experience with SQL queries
- Intermediate coding skills
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot local and sandbox environments
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).