QA Engineer - Manual (Contract)
Before new medical treatments can be administered to the public, they must demonstrate safety and efficacy in a clinical trial. These trials protect consumers from ineffective and dangerous products, but the clinical trial process also presents a tremendous bottleneck in delivering life-saving treatments to patients. A typical trial involves coordinating between numerous parties and data formats to gather, store, analyse, and audit clinical data. Mistakes and delays are common, and fewer than 10% of trials finish on time.
At TrialSpark, we are looking for talented engineers to help us reimagine the clinical trial process from first principles and build the technology platform for the trial of the future.Description
As a QA Engineer at TrialSpark, you will work closely with our Product, Engineering, and Quality and Compliance teams. You will be creating test plans and writing test scripts to ensure software quality for our end users. Your work will also be used to document processes and workflows for compliance and computer system validation purposes. In addition, you should be comfortable working in an agile and fast-paced environment.Responsibilities
- Become an expert on the features and functionalities of our applications and end users
- Work cross-functionally to understand requirements and stay up to date with feature development
- Write and execute test plans to ensure the applications are validated for audits
- Assist in project management responsibilities as it pertains to the SDLC
- Maintain a traceability matrix to ensure critical features are validated
- Become a domain expert in our compliance needs as it relates to our software systems and look for opportunities to automate any aspect of our compliance program
- Help identify where we can better leverage automation to improve our overall software quality
- Strong technical understanding of web-based technologies and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey complicated systems to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development.
- Minimum 2+ years of software testing experience
- Experience with browser development tools
- Experience with database and command line shell utilities.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in regulated industries requiring software validation, particularly healthcare.