QA Engineer - Manual
Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making saving and investing accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers and building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, and enjoy life.
Stash is seeking a dedicated, motivated, and reliable QA Engineer to work with the latest cutting-edge technologies and become a subject matter expert in our fast innovative culture. This individual will be responsible for the design, verification, deployment, and ownership of our release management cycle. The QA Engineer will identify defects and resolve issues through a series of tests while optimizing productivity and understanding technical concepts. If you are an open communicator with a passion for shipping bug-free software, love to think outside the box and you are excited about changing the world of investing, Stash is looking for you!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Developers in understanding both functional and non-functional requirements
- Manage the release cycles of our apps: iOS, Android, and Web
- Develop QA processes to ensure we catch as many bugs as possible before release
- Develop tools and processes to improve delivery efficiency
- Manage communication of progress/status to stakeholders
- Log defects, testing/retesting defects, and track progress and results
- Ensure direct communication over email/ticketing chain to ensure timely resolution of identified issues
- Stay focused on chasing down and removing impediments on behalf of the team
- Triage bugs and other improvements to alleviate issues swiftly
Who we're looking for:
- 2+ years working in QA at a software company (startup environment preferred)
- Degree in computer science or relevant software development experience
- Knowledge of manual testing
- Experience in troubleshooting issues and root cause analysis
- Excitement and passion to innovate in finance
- A proven track record of delivering high quality and tested software on-time and often
- An open mind, flexibility around testing new approaches and the ability to harness failures and turn them into wins
We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens and catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYC’s Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services and Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.