About the position
We’re looking for a QA Engineer to join our team to help build fast, easy and beautiful tools for thousands of restaurants. As a QA Engineer, you will work directly with the product designers, software engineers, and support engineers in the team to test the product; develop and maintain test cases. You will bring to the team industry best practices around functional, and regression testing and ensure high-quality and high-velocity product launches.
People who do well on this team are self-motivated with a passion for the problems we’re out to solve and how technology can help. We look for individuals with a deep knowledge of quality assurance methodologies and those who are ready to champion our web-based and mobile-first philosophy. Our team is pretty small and undergoing exponential growth, so there's a great opportunity for you to make a difference.
The QA engineer position can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
All Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
What we’re looking for
- At least 3 years of experience as a QA Engineer. Understand all parts of a modern web-based application stack from Frontend, Backend to Production.
- Has knowledge in various testing methodologies and best practices in the industry
- Experience with Selenium (Java) and TestNG
- A self-motivated individual who works well with little direction
- Enjoys being part of a team that works and learns together
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prefers to experiment and use data to drive decision making
- Loves making and building things as part of a growing team
- You will review functional requirements with the Business/Operational team to ensure completeness and to remove any ambiguity.
- You will collaborate with Business, Operations, Developers and Designers to develop effective testing strategies for the product.
- You will build and maintain the test suites and ensure high-velocity, high-quality production pushes using manual tests.
- You will build automated tests and analyze the results and determine if it’s a defect in the product or in the test code.
- You will assist account management and support teams in reproducing customer issues.
- You will manage and track product defects and provide reports to product leads.
- You will adhere to all guidelines around handling PII and PCI data.
- You will adhere to all guidelines around WCAG 2.1 AA for frontend facing applications.
- You will be a generalist who will work on multiple products as needed, whether it is our customer-facing dashboard or guest-facing consumer site.
- You will contribute to core team culture and contribute code to efforts across a fast-growing company.
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Tock’s explosive growth:
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In’s “2021 Best Places to Work”
- Awarded America’s Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- 401k + employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.