Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments and insights to supercharge engagement and learning in every subject. Students and teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sources—from National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools and analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools and districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
Newsela integrates with a variety of third-party Learning Management Systems, Rostering and Single Sign-On systems such as Google Classroom, Clever, ClassLink and others. Newsela is committed to bringing more integrations and we need your help to make it happen.
As a QA Engineer, you will be joining our Integrations team. You will be responsible for making sure that third-party integrations and features built on top are working flawlessly. This is a manual role with expectations of evolving into hybrid manual/automation role.
- Maintain the extensive suite of test cases, organize them in test plans, and execute them
- Reproduce and file bug reports - we use Jira - and verify bug fixes
- Review, reproduce, and prioritize issues reported by end users
- Communicate with members of the team, developers, designers and product managers
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous EdTech experience
- 3+ years of professional QA experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Understands software development life cycle and can contribute as a QA on each phase of it
- Knows, understands and can apply, whenever necessary, different types of testing
- Has an interest in learning automation skills, ideally, has some former background with automation tools like Selenium
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
A Few Plusses
- Experience with web-automation tool like Selenium or alike
- Understanding and experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
- Experience with Unit, Integration, or API testing
- A strong desire to continually improve themselves, their team, and the products they work on.
Newsela is strongly committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. Newsela will make all employment decisions without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.