QA Engineer at The Farmer's Dog
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
The QA Engineering team is responsible for the quality of software releases within our codebase. Changes to both frontend and backend codebases serve a multitude of users and use cases, and ensuring a consistent, high-quality experience is the key strategic objective of the QA Engineering team.
As a member of the QA Engineering team, you will be responsible for a hands-on approach to testing across all parts of the software stack, including both manual experimental and exploratory testing, to automated testing across various parts of the code base. Both automated and manual testing skills will be required and expected, but those who leverage both technology and processes to return great solutions in a timely fashion are the high-fidelity operators we are looking for at TFD.
As a member of the QA Engineering team, you will be interacting with both development engineers and product stakeholders(including internal users such as CX Agents, Operations & Fulfillment staff, Product Designers & Owners) to identify features and bugs, estimate their efforts for both implementation and testing, and ensure that testing efforts are applied via best practices.How You'll Make An Impact
- Automation testing tasks: Frontend, Backend, Job Workers
- Estimation of testing efforts in planning sessions
- Performance testing
- Assigned to an entire feature as an independent QA Team representative
- Assigned as a reviewer on PRs - building branches and modifying tests based upon the change in product spec
- 5+ years of experience in a QA Engineer/Analyst capacity with direct interfacing between Development Engineering and Software Product Management/Ownership.
- Minimum 3 years experience in automation testing frameworks and implementation
- Minimum 3 years in a testing analytics capacity
- Strong understanding of test automation architecture best practices
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Nice to haves: LookerML experience, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel Tracking, Segment.io experience
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota