QA Engineer at OpenFin
OpenFin is a fast-growing financial technology company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected Fintech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. We are growing rapidly and looking for talented people to join our diverse team.
Our vision is to modernize and democratize app development and distribution in the finance space. We’re enabling the financial desktop to have a simple and intuitive experience that is more like our phones, and we’re enabling developers to distribute their apps to end-users without the traditional barriers that have hampered innovation in the finance space. If you’re someone who loves working with the latest technologies and passionate about changing the way people work, OpenFin is the ideal place for you to shine.
OpenFin provides an operating environment that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on top of Google’s Chromium and GitHub’s Electron open source projects, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. OpenFin is used by thousands of developers to build, deploy, and run more than 1200 mission-critical apps at more than 1500 financial institutions.
The QA Team partners with our engineers to build and maintain a testing suite that ensures stability, durability and efficiency across all our products. In this role, you will have the ability to influence decisions and drive the direction of OpenFin’s Quality Assurance.
As a QA Engineer you will:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive set of run books for all of OpenFin’s software
- Write and maintain manual test scripts for UI applications running on OpenFin
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts
- Collaborate cross-teams to review new application features and devise appropriate automated or manual testing strategies
- Support and collaborate with product and development teams to guide and develop the creation of additional test cases and testing environments
- Test and approve release candidates for all OpenFin products
- Establish environments that most closely replicate an OpenFin’s customer setup
We’re looking for colleagues with:
- Excellent knowledge in building and maintaining a manual test harnesses
- Experience in testing both Windows and Mac desktop applications and web frontend testing
- Passion for understanding browser, web technologies, and desktop compiled languages
- Reliable self starter, solutions-oriented individual with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to context shift across multiple teams and product priorities
- Proficient communication and documentation skills
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. While we are currently remote, we pride ourselves on our friendly, understanding office culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. Our employees have a diverse set of interests and experiences, and we encourage you to explore those interests and share with us! We have regular happy hours and social events. Our office and our employees are conducive to a productive learning experience -- all the while creating innovative and compelling solutions for our clients.