Teachable is looking for a QA Engineer! We're a tight-knit team of smart people who like to get a lot done with minimal overhead. As a member of our Quality Assurance team, you’ll work closely with our engineering and product teams to ensure a high quality user experience across our platform.
Check out How We Code at Teachable to learn more about engineering here
- Own QA strategy for one of our cross-functional product pods
- Create comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases based on product specifications
- Work alongside our product team to analyze design specs and detect potential issues in early stages of development
- Effectively define and communicate test strategies with the team and emphasize complex edge cases
- Conduct functional and regression testing
- Report defects and testing statuses
- Identify gaps in automation test coverage and develop automated tests without supervision using our stack (Selenium WebDriver, Capybara, Cucumber)
- Seek and provide feedback consistently and well, with an open mind and willingness to continuously improve
- Contribute learnings back to the overall QA team through documentation and code reviews
- Embrace a growth mindset and share a willingness learn new tools and technologies
- 2+ years of experience with test automation
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems and microservice architecture
- Understands of CI and cloud infrastructure environments
- Experienced working in an Agile environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skill
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.