At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Obesity, Type II Diabetes, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on our mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle, and doing so with a focus on quality and usability.
We are looking for a QA Engineer to join our QA Team and work closely with one or more product teams to monitor and improve quality across all of our products, both internal and external, used by hundreds of coaches and hundreds of thousands of users every day. As QA Engineer, you’ll work with our engineering teams to ensure that key features and product changes are built to spec and thoroughly tested before we release them to our coaches and users. You’ll also work on improving post-launch quality by digging into bug reports and helping to ensure that we focus our attention on the highest-impact issues affecting our users; along with helping to iterate on core quality processes within the QA Team and wider Engineering team to consistently improve how we operate.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- A respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- A generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- 19 days paid vacation, and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly. We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’re Looking for:
- 2 - 4 years of experience in software quality assurance and/or manual testing, with specific experience test-planning and testing one or more of the following: native iOS apps, native Android apps, web apps, APIs/backend services
- Extensive experience using XCUITest, Espresso, or Cypress (depending on your domain area)
- A proven track record of designing and carrying out product/feature test plans resulting in an overall improvement in product quality
- Ability to write basic UI/functional test automation for at least one platform (iOS, Android, web, or API/backend services), and an interest in further developing skills related to test automation
- Interest in being the primary advocate for end-to-end quality within the context of an Engineering team, working alongside members of the team to build quality further into the feature development pipeline
- Capacity to autonomously develop comprehensive test plans from product/feature docs, execute on these plans, and clearly communicate status/results to stakeholders across teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills overall; ability to clearly communicate about technical concepts; ability to thoughtfully defend one’s stance against disagreement or skepticism
You get extra bonus points for:
- Understanding of continuous integration and associated tools and processes (Bitrise, AWS Amplify, Jenkins, AppCenter, or any other CI/CD tools)
- Proficiency with SQL; experience with basic programming or scripting (e.g. shell, Python)