Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications and hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing and checkout experience anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date. We’re backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
Bread is looking for a QA Lead to lead our Technology Testing Practice.
Because our software is deployed on hundreds of merchants' sites we have unique testing challenges and the stakes are higher than at most technology companies. We consider testing not just a core competency but a key competitive advantage. Our Testing Practice is an integral part of our company.
We're looking for an engineer who is passionate about quality, is looking for open ended, unsolved challenges in the field of software testing and wants to be a thought leader within our product engineering team.
This person will:
- Establish a culture where the craft of software testing goes hand in hand with the craft of product development.
- Build a best in class automated testing environment tightly integrated into our CI/CD system.
- Write tools and establish patterns that will be used by our engineering team to test their code.
- Define measurable top level quality goals.
- Inform infrastructure capacity planning with a systematic test of our setup (i.e. load testing.)
- Continuously improve the performance and reliability of our test suites.
- Strong points of view about architecting a system for testability and demonstrated success implementing those points of view.
- Experience testing APIs and Services
- eCommerce experience
- Experience in leadership roles
- The ability and desire to be productive in a hands on role
- Experience with Go
- Experience with Chef
If this is you, submit a cover letter and resume to apply!
Engineers at Bread also get the opportunity to participate in “20%” time through Working Groups! Working Groups are quarterly teams of 4 to 6 engineers who set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their core engineering team. Working Groups have included ones for Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, and Monitoring. Groups meet every Friday to plan and own their roadmap and implement their features. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups and over time potentially lead a group for that quarter. It's another opportunity as an engineer at Bread to have impact across the entire organization!