The Quality Manager is responsible for the overall MakerBot product and process quality. The successful candidate must be able to manage direct reports and resolve day to day issues while driving long-term strategic initiatives. Primary focus is on operational quality and NPI of the product manufactured at a CM in China. This position reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Co-ordinate and manage allocation of quality resources and projects supporting companywide quality initiatives.
- Implement processes to monitor and report key quality parameters over the product lifetime with a focus on product performance, warranty cost, and customer satisfaction and report key metrics to the leadership team
- Work directly with counterparts at contract manufacturers to improve product quality, implement and improve quality processes
- Liaise with Customer Assurance and Contract Manufacturers to identify and minimize field quality issues and implement corrective actions
- Manage efforts to develop essential process and product inspection techniques and documentation in support of new product introductions, driving quality and cost of quality to world-class levels.
- Lead supplier quality activities, including supplier qualification, audits and transition activities
- Drive production part and product approval processes including supplier, part and manufacturing process approvals
- Coach and develop quality engineering staff and provide resources and opportunities for professional growth.
- Lead collaborative efforts with the Product Engineering teams to lead product reliability efforts and address part, process and supplier quality issues
- Lead interactions with product development teams to ensure compliance to all quality and regulatory requirements throughout product development and NPI lifecycle. Participate in design/safety/DFx/DFMEA’s and ensure teams produce necessary documentation to ensure that all quality requirements are met and maintained.
- Define, assign and manage process improvement plans using a variety of Quality and Continuous Process Improvement tools,
- Continuously develop and implement new quality methods and procedures, analyzing and reporting on all relevant metrics including incoming inspection/suppliers, manufacturing and external customer quality.
- Own CAPA/8D process and system, successfully driving permanent resolution to product and process non-conformances, up through and including validation of permanent corrective actions.
- Engineering degree, MS or MBA a plus
- 7+ years’ experience on a manufacturing team with experience working with a contract manufacturer
- Ability to travel (up to 30%) and obtain a Chinese Visa
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, change processes, test and process control methodologies
- Ability to present technical information and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization, including both technical and non-technical information
- Solid understanding and demonstrated success with practical applications of Lean / Six Sigma tools such as FMEA, DOE, Measurement System Analysis, Analysis of Variance, Hypothesis Testing, GR&R, Cpk.
- Experience with appliance, automotive or electromechanical device manufacturing a plus
- Possess the energy, passion, and enthusiasm to drive change.
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, and collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Products: We put 3D Printing on the map and gave the first 3D Printing keynote address at CES! We released all-new solutions for professionals and educators, including two new 3D printers, software, new filament, and more on September 22, 2016.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy and view of multiple bridges and the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, and of course all the free snacks and ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.