Quantitative Investment Associate
Stash is investing, simplified. We are an investing platform that makes it easy for anyone to start with as little as $5. Through empowering our users with education and guidance, we help investors learn the basics so they can do it themselves. At Stash, we are working toward a future where investors are as diverse as our world.
We are seeking a Quantitative Investment Associate who will report directly to our Director of Investments. This hire will be a crucial addition to our investment team and will be responsible for improving and monitoring our investment selection as well as investigating and developing proprietary, automated investment strategies that address our customer’s needs.
If you are capable of balancing a quantitative orientation with a strong customer-centric approach, have a passion for developing a world-class client experience, and can solve problems creatively while jumping deep into the details, this could be the perfect position for you.
What you’ll do:
- Support the oversight and implementation of the platform investments ensuring that they align with investment guidelines and our investment methodology
- Contribute to the development of the research infrastructure for modeling, optimization, backtesting, analytics, and data management
- Partner with engineering teams to help design and develop systems that automate oversight of client portfolios, validate key inputs and expected outputs, and handle exceptions
- Develop and implement portfolio optimization models and investment algorithms
- Contribute to the development of robust systems that mitigate risk and ensure quality of investment advice while proactively identifying issues in the investment process
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to help commercialize new products and enhance existing ones
- Produce analyses that help our marketing and content teams develop educational investing content for our clients and contribute subject matter expertise as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years experience in investing and asset management with a strong focus on the quantitative analysis of financial markets
- An advanced degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics, or related disciplines
- Demonstrated ability to write code in Python and R
- Ability to analyze large and complex data sets and build statistical models for modeling risk across multiple asset classes
- Strong research and communications skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Eagerness to tackle challenging problems that have never been solved before
- Clear and effective communication skills - must be able to present complex quantitative research to non-experts
*No recruiters, please.