R&D ENGINEER - DATA TEAM
As an R&D Engineer on the Data Team at StrongArm you will play a vital role in creating and developing new & exciting data products. You will be responsible for developing and deploying products, including algorithms, software-based analysis scripts, and sensor hardware integration testing. As a member of the Data Team, you will have access to a massive dataset of IoT sensor data focused on improved workplace safety. You will be a key player in developing new features and analysis based on both physical sciences and engineering to improve the lives of workers.
In this role, you will be highly collaborative - with our Product Team, Data Team, and Software Development. Interpersonal skills and the ability to learn and act quickly are crucial to succeeding in this role. You will work in project teams closely with all members of the organization, and will need to apply scientific engineering methodologies to solve product problems.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in engineering and completing technical projects from start to finish. We are looking for a self-starter with a solid foundation of engineering principles, combined with a desire to be the go-to person for developing technical solutions in a fast-growing start-up making a tangible difference on working people’s lives.
- Develop product features across the platform’s offering - from hardware testing to algorithm development, to create the most scientifically sound product possible.
- Collaborate with technical and product teams on a daily basis to accomplish projects on-time. Use software, engineering tools, and mathematics to ensure data integrity and product functionality.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Data Scientists, Engineers, Product, Firmware, and Hardware to create new product features and capabilities using our unique data and insights.
- Ensure all product and data requirements are delivered on and followed through initial product conception to full production result.
- Ideate, prototype, and implement product improvements to improve product effectiveness.
- Travel on-site to support product testing and deployments on-site as needed.
KEY REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in engineering, analytics, or other similar physical-science based roles
- A passion for using both data, science, and engineering to develop products and tools that help solve real-world problems.
- Experience delivering successful results on large engineering projects that involve multiple disciplines, varied technical challenges, and clear deadlines.
- Experience with Python, SQL, or similar language to accomplish engineering projects.
- Ability to translate complex projects and technical concepts in a clear, easy to understand way to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment, prioritizing assignments, and handling multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Experience with statistical analysis, experimentation design, and scientific methods.
- Detail-oriented and meticulously organized. Comfortable aggregating, auditing, and manipulating large data sets efficiently and accurately.
- Expert in Excel. Experience with sensor data and linear algebra is a plus.
- Desire to grow, learn, solve problems, and expand responsibilities within the Data Team in a fast-paced start-up environment.
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.