R&D Lab Lead Technician at Peloton
R&D Lab Lead Technician (Lab Associate II)
The Peloton R&D Lab is looking for a detail oriented technician to help bring ideas to life. This role collaborates with our Prototype Shop, Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design teams to prototype the future of fitness by turning new product development ideas into tangible models and mechanisms. The R&D Lab Technician is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is a hands-on problem solver with model making experience and a desire to learn what they don’t already know. All applicants should be able to read technical drawings, work independently, manage multiple requests and think quickly.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the R&D Lab.
- Manage a range of 3D printers: internal order processing, printer maintenance & supply management.
- Maintain shop equipment including scheduled maintenance and break-downs.
- Order materials and supplies to stock the Lab and support new projects.
- Refer work requests to the order management system.
- Schedule and execute R&D related shipping and receiving.
- Maintain a hand tool library through recovery and replacement.
- Organize and expand a comprehensive library of tools, materials and hardware.
- Conduct safety training sessions and manage R&D Work Authorizations
- Assist in-house prototyping efforts.
- Field multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Communicate technical information through various media including: clear and concise language, drawing, digital Images, short and professional email.
- Demonstrate an ability to master new problems thoroughly and quickly.
THESE MAY DESCRIBE YOU:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in a shop environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Design, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Ability to organize and establish good work habits.
- Have experience in model making technique (analog & digital).
- Good command of 3d modeling technique & 3d printing best practices.
- Familiarity with industrial fabrication processes: machining, sheet metal, casting, thermoforming, etc…
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software preferred
- Fluency with FDM & SLA printers.
- Experience setting up and maintaining a laser cutting system is a plus.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.