R&D Lab Technician
The Peloton R&D Lab is where our Designers and Engineers design, build and evaluate the future versions of our fitness products. The R&D Lab Technician is a key part of product development team and supports in building and evaluating product concepts and prototypes. Important skills include hands-on fabrication, troubleshooting electromechanical systems and organization of tools and material. This role works closely with our Industrial Designers, Mechanical Engineers and Product managers to help us design and develop best-in-class products.
- Work closely with Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineering to assemble and evaluate functional prototypes as part of our Product Development Process
- Upkeep testing and fabrication lab tools
- Arrange for delivery and shipping of fitness equipment prototypes
- Support off-site technician needs including Studio support, testing support, partner support, and cross-functional support
- Operate and maintain 3D printers and laser cutters
- Ensure adherence to lab safety best practices
- 3+ year experience working in a lab or prototyping space
- Experience with general shop tools, drill press, bandsaw, chop saw
- Expertise with electro-mechanical systems
- Experience using and maintaining 3D printers
- Great organizational skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and independent
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global technology company reinventing fitness by bringing the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. With more than 10,000 live and on-demand classes, taught by a roster of elite instructors, Peloton delivers real-time motivation and curated playlists from the world's best artists. Peloton is changing the way people get fit through a comprehensive and socially-connected experience that makes every workout both efficient and addictive. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide a full slate of fitness offerings, anytime, anywhere.
Headquartered in New York City, Peloton was named the fastest growing company in the city by Crain’s and is consistently named among the most innovative companies by Fast Company. Peloton’s investors include True Ventures, TCV, Fidelity Investments, Wellington Management, JP Morgan Private Bank, NBC Universal, and Kleiner Perkins. Learn more at onepeloton.com.