React Engineer at DailyPay, Inc.
DailyPay is one of the fastest growing NYC based tech companies that is on a unique mission to empower America’s workforce to take control of their financial lives by disrupting archaic payroll processes and their consequences. Through rich and seamless partnerships with our clients, we have become the pioneers in providing employees real-time access to earned wages daily - across all industries - so employees can pay bills on time and avoid late fees and payday loans.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset, our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. As a result of the success we’ve seen, we are going through huge growth and are constantly looking for exceptional talent to join us. You will learn, grow, and take things on and make them your own. We can’t wait for you to join us in our journey - apply now!
DailyPay is looking for an individual contributor to join our React team. You will be working to create a React application with a focus on performance, maintainability and a great UI in an environment that highly values cross-team communication and collaboration.Responsibilities:
- Work closely with our backend to create an application with a focus on user interface.
- Be a thought leader in our engineering department and mentor junior developers to achieve their potential.
- Use a deep knowledge of programming patterns and S.O.L.I.D. programming principles to create an evolving product.
- Be part of an organization architecting a beautiful code base that creates a complete and effective solution to a problem.
- A nagging feeling when there is not 100% unit test code coverage.
- A stickler for code reviews.
- 4+ years in software development.
- Familiarity with CSS (or JSS), GraphQL, Material-UI, React Hooks, Functional Components.
- React Native experience preferable but not necessary.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Experience maintaining private packages.
- Leadership skills, communication skills, and high emotional intelligence.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Light breakfast, snacks, and a daily stipend for lunch
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO