About the team
The Hard Products R&D Team is at the heart of product creation for all of our global brands. Our teams are composed of engineers, materials scientists, product researchers, technicians, program managers, and more. We work cross-functionally to develop insightful, innovative products that fulfill the unmet, sometimes unspoken, needs of our customers. We are the engine behind our shaving business, developing razors, handles, and accessories; plus anything made from metal or plastic, in any product category. Innovation sits primarily at the front end of this creative process, starting with concept development and taking ideas through engineering, prototyping, and demonstration, which are then transitioned into product development.
About the role
The Reliability Testing Engineer at Harry’s will contribute to all aspects of mechanical design verification and validation testing of our hard products including cartridges, razor handles, accessories, and more. This individual will work collaboratively within a cross functional team to design and execute product reliability testing plans for Harry’s products ensuring mechanical robustness, reliability out in the field, and ensuring timeline coordination with program management. As we continue to expand our reliability and verification testing capabilities, there is tremendous room for growth in this role.
What you will accomplish
- Bring your passion and enthusiasm for engineering and teams to work every day.
- Partner closely with the other teams both in NYC and Germany to improve and implement testing standards and procedures.
- Partner closely with the Program Management Team to ensure testing sample quantities and materials are provided as needed.
- Help build our testing capabilities both internally and with external partners and suppliers.
- Drive development of any necessary testing or inspection fixtures.
- Facilitate the failure analysis process by providing detailed information surrounding testing failures.
- Generate test reports and statistical data analysis including any recommendations for next steps for use by cross functional teams.
- Propose testing next steps upon analysis of testing results.
- Assist in pre- and post-test inspection of test articles.
- Participate in and/or drive testing results share-outs.
- Clearly document and communicate testing plans and results.
- Assist in R&D measurement inspection initiatives.
- Participate in program retrospectives and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Make data driven decisions.
- International travel up to 25% to support product development and testing.
This should describe you
- BS in Mechanical Engineering related discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in design verification and reliability testing for mechanical assemblies.
- Trace product requirements to actionable testing criteria
- Creative, analytical, dynamic, and operates with flexibility.
- Drives tasks and actions to closure.
- You are detail and process oriented
- Robust understanding of statistical analysis.
- Have an ability to clearly communicate testing status and results to both engineering and non-engineering teams.
- High motivation to teach, learn, and contribute to both product and process development within the R&D team.
- Proficient in one 3D MCAD package. Solidworks is preferred.
- Familiar with LabVIEW, measurement and inspection equipment and tools, mechanical and environmental testing apparatus.
- Have experience testing electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Have some program or project management experience.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer
- Working on the Hard Product Innovation Team
- Working Cross Functionally with Marketing, Insights, Consumer Research, Hard Products Lab, Product Design Engineering, Quality, Program Management
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.