Reliability Test Engineer at Peloton
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain test plans and schedules for new product development and sustaining engineering
- Perform product validation and verification with off-the-shelf testing equipment as well as custom built
- Design, build, and automate custom test rigs/fixtures to interact with various pieces of exercise equipment
- Write test reports, communicate results with the team
- Correspond with NY based team and Taiwan with test reports and status updates. Will require morning/evening calls.
- Excellent communication skills (Mandarin a plus)
- Provide technical support to technicians for various testing activities
- Use six sigma tools for root cause/failure analysis
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and prioritize work queues
- Monitor and implement test processes and data flow
- Ensure safety protocols are followed
- Maintain lab equipment and inventory
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years equivalent work experience.
- The candidate must have a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. M.S. preferred.
- National Instruments LabVIEW certification preferred (CLAD, CLD, CLA). Six sigma certification preferred.
- 3D Modeling (Solidworks), Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab), Automation Skills (LabVIEW), experience with NI data acquisition systems, PLC programming experience a plus.
- Ability to read/create mechanical drawings.