Haven Technologies has built deep capabilities in the life, annuity and disability insurance spaces. And now, our tech is your tech.
The same purpose-built platform and expertise that have helped us delight customers, transform complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launch groundbreaking products with speed are available to everyone as a SaaS offering. Insurance carriers can use our advanced solutions for new business, in-force management and product development.
But Haven Technologies is not just, well, all about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are seeking an experienced solutions architect with a strong track record of complex platform design and hands-on implementation and delivery to head up the architecture and framework services team in a newly formed technology company in the life insurance space.
The SaaS Platform Architect is a newly created position that will work closely with the CTO and key lead engineers to define the future state platform architecture, collaborate with product teams to establish a strategy to get there, and lead efforts to document and promulgate the architectural strategy both internally and externally.
This role will be a key member of the technology leadership team, reporting directly to the CTO and with high visibility across the organization as both a thought leader and culture carrier.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop a deep understanding of the current state architecture, tech stack, and implementation patterns
- Gain familiarity with the life insurance business and related processes and needs of both legacy agency model as well as forward looking customer-centric digital model embodied by Haven
- Define the future state architecture including platform components, core common services, interaction models both internal and external, and key tech stack evolutions
- Advocate for the future state architecture, accepted patterns & guidelines, and own the related communications both internally and externally
- Establish and manage the plan for both achieving the future state architecture as well as ongoing refinement as business needs and technology capabilities evolve
- Implement a model for distributed ownership of common services
- Work with the data strategy team to evolve a data strategy integrated into the larger architectural plan
- Collaborate with the infrastructure team as we develop and implement alternate hosting models for diverse client requirements
- Support the collaborative, open, and respectful Haven company culture, advocating for opportunities for broader learning, aggressive goals, and a sense of urgency in delivery
In the first six months this role will:
- Work with representatives across Haven to establish key principles of the future state architecture (e.g. configurability, scale, multi-client implementation, versioning, security, etc.)
- Define a first draft of the end-state architecture and tech stack based on understanding of current environment and future needs
- Socialize draft and work with teams to define preliminary roadmap for implementation
- Evolve current framework and common services team in support of long term plan, augmenting with a small number of incremental select resources as needed
- Fully implement at least one tech stack evolution and one common service rationalization
- 15+ years of experience in architect and/or senior engineer roles, 10+ of which were in an enterprise level SaaS company supporting multiple production clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Extensive end-to-end experience with complex platforms in either a lead engineer or architecture role
- Deep hands-on technical expertise on a broad range of technologies
- Proven track record of delivery of large scale systems
- Strong communication skills, including both presentations and written documents, and an ability to to effectively communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences
- Experience at a tech company during build / growth phases (non-consulting)
- While we’re all working from home these days, you must have the ability to work from our NYC location full time when we return to the office.
NICE TO HAVES
- Financial services or insurance experience (or other data-intensive, regulated, fault-intolerant industry)
- Cloud based deployment and related infrastructure paradigms