Sales Engineer at Vimeo
As a Sales Engineer for Vimeo, you will partner with the growing sales team to act as the technical resource across Vimeo’s Enterprise, OTT, and Live product offerings. With a deep knowledge of Vimeo’s platforms, you will assist during the pre-sales stages, understanding potential customers’ technical needs and translating how our platform offerings could be a fit. In addition to acting as the technical liaison between Vimeo’s potential customers and our product and engineering teams, you will set client expectations and architect solutions as-needed for potential customers.
What you’ll do:
- Be the product expert able to represent all of Vimeo’s offerings on behalf of the sales team
- Work hand-in-hand with the sales team in the pre-sales process to determine potential customers’ technical needs
- Understand, document and interpret customer requirements to determine fit within Vimeo’s offerings and craft solutions to meet their needs
- Document customer requirements and validate product and solution offerings back to clients
- Effectively demonstrate all Vimeo products to potential customers
- Work with companies across varying industries to help them solve their video hosting, monetization, and live streaming needs
- Contribute to the productization of Vimeo’s offerings by collecting and analyzing customer feedback, and sharing it with internal stakeholders
- Partner with our product teams to stay abreast of new product features and enhancements that could affect Vimeo’s offerings in the sales process
- Provide responses to technical requirements in the RFI/RFP process
Skills and knowledge you possess:
- 3-5 years of experience working in a sales engineering or solution architecting capacity, preferably in the digital video industry
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience presenting company products to a wide variety of potential customers
- Experience working with varying partners, both internal and external, and strong client management skills
- Comfort working in a fluid, fast-paced environment, and the ability to bring process and structure to a new function at Vimeo
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 150 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.