Sales/Solution Engineering Manager, Teams at Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, and many other Fortune 500 names.
What you’ll do:
The person will be responsible for managing all facets of the sales engineering function. These include leading, recruiting, development and training an international team of Sales Engineers. The SE Manager ensures technical plus professional excellence in the technical aspect of the sales cycles performed by the Sales Engineering Team to contribute to our overall sales success.
What you’ll have to do:
- Sales Cycle Leadership: The position is expected to be personally involved in the most important sales cycles in their assigned regions to ensure the highest possibility of success. This may include individual contribution to or owning technical sales cycles.
- Leadership: The SE Manager leads, supports and challenges the international and distributed SE Team, giving guidance on individual and company objectives, discusses and support finding viable approaches and supports delivery where required ensuring successful completion. SE Manager works close with Regional Sales Management and CRO.
- Recruiting, Developing and Managing: The role is expected to lead, recruit and develop the highest caliber Sales Engineers. Development includes onboarding of New Hires, ensuring all Sales Engineers are ready to perform their duties in sales cycles and supporting personal career development. Management includes ensuring all tasks are completed and performed at the highest level of quality: the role will utilize the MicroStrategy performance review system to continually provide guidance on performance and development of the team.
- Effectiveness and High-Quality: The role ensures the team is up to speed on latest Positioning and Demonstration Content and Practices. Deliverables to customers are of high quality following and nurturing best practices.
- Active Contribution to the Sales Engineering Economy: Motivate the team to share best practices, analyze latest market trends and contribute to sales material.
- Support Company and Sales Engineering Processes: The role leads compliance to company and Sales Engineering Processes, maintaining required sales support systems as well as contributing to the SE Economy with best practice sharing.
- Resource Allocation: The role is expected to monitor sales across the assigned region and to identify sales cycles where more pre-sales resources are needed. These resources can be allocated from within the role's region, or the Manager will be expected to acquire resource via cooperation with other teams
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent business or technical education
- 5+ years’ experience in Sales Engineering or Technical Leadership Role
- Experience in leadership and/or management, ideally in international and distributed environment
- Exceptional oral, presentation and written communication skills
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving ability and can do attitude
- Ability to articulate complex topics to novice or technical audience, and to translate technical advantages into business benefits
- Engaged, positive attitude able to prioritize in demanding environment
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely… We’ll reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll be in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check and upon having the appropriate legal right to work.Work Environment:
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our office (re-opening June 2021 at the earliest due to COVID-19), you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, GitHub, Hangouts, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams).
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.