SAP Software Development Manager at Peloton
The Enterprise Systems IT team, part of the broader CTO organization, is looking for a proactive and collaborative self-starter to support the team’s mission to establish a best in class ERP solution by rolling out of a new S/4 HANA environment as the centerpiece of a transformed IT environment. Specifically, we are looking for deep SAP Development expertise. This position will be integral in assuring stable SAP operations and providing the necessary SAP applications' infrastructure that will allow us to achieve our IT and business objectives. You will interact with multiple stakeholders across the organization and will be instrumental in furthering the team’s mission.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be a part of an evolving business systems team in a high-growth global organization. You will have the opportunity to design, build and implement best practice SAP systems and processes. As manager of a development team, made up of internal and partner resources, working across a number of projects and initiatives. Overseeing full SAP development lifecycle adhering to best practices and standards. Providing thought leadership and direction for the SAP and Enterprise Systems roadmap ensuring the platform meets or exceeds the needs of the business.
The SAP Development Manager will work with the scrum teams to coordinate the day-to-day development activities for a given project(s). This includes providing input into project schedules and timelines, estimating delivery effort, managing development resources (both internal and external), and securing vendor resources to augment the team when necessary. The SAP Development Manager is accountable for delivery from the requirement gathering phase, into the Design, Build and Test phases, concluding with Deployment and Post Go-Live Support
Who you are:
- You have the ability to analyze technical problems and develop both long-term sustainable solutions and also quick tactical solutions;
- You can articulate complex concepts in a way that is understandable to non-technical stakeholders;
- You have excellent analysis and critical reasoning skills;
- You are a proactive problem solver, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity;
- You value the different strengths of your team, and have the ability to motivate, develop, mentor and coach;
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution;
- You have the ability to simplify strategy into simple actions;
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and team to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Together we can”; and
- You are curious and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore.
- Work with project management to define the scope of any new SAP project or program. This includes providing and maintaining a RICEF inventory and Fiori Apps
- Provide work planning input such as timing of key phases and milestones and estimates of Development activities
- Provide resource estimates to ensure we have the right number and type of people working on our projects
- Contribute to the planning for the Enterprise Systems team to ensure the level of resourcing remains viable and able to deliver against required demand
- Work with the scrum teams to determine various deployment approaches (i.e. phased rollout vs. “big bang”, number of Releases)
- Provide status updates, risks, issues, to the PM to the team and management
- Cultivate relationships with business partner teams and executives, technology leaders, vendors, and partners
- Work with our Architecture team to define and implement development standards for the SAP platform
- Ensure that functional and technical designs are being prepared in compliance with our Software Development Lifecycle
- Work with SAP Test Lead to ensure that scope of testing covers all of the project’s requirements
- Track and publish development quality metrics
- Defect Management throughout test, deployment and post go live support
- Accountable for Functional Unit Testing, Integration Testing, Performance Testing and defined Operational Acceptance Testing
- Develop the cutover plan in conjunction with project teams to ensure correctness, alignment to technical standards and minimization of system downtime including execution, technical deployment testing, and contingency planning.
- Responsible for post go-live support and the successful transition of delivered functionality to enduring support teams
- Work with our SAP Basis team to provision the requisite Development, Testing and Production environments
- Work with Operations, Infrastructure and Security to ensure their needs are met or their products are responsibility integrated with the solution. Specifically, the SAP Solution Development Manager must ensure we are in compliance with our controls, compliance and audit standards and that the solutions we deliver are “designed to operate”.
- Responsible for the presentation of development metrics and complex technical issues to project steering committee and senior leadership
Basic Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Ability to lead projects with a cross functional team, external resource management, teamwork, commitment management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
- 7+ years' Experience architecting SAP Development and Integration solutions
- 3+ years' Experience with SAP S/4 Hana
- 3+ years' Experience with SAP Fiori
- Multiple full-lifecycle implementations
- Advanced degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Retail, eCommerce or manufacturing experience
- Agile (SCRUM) experience
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.