Scripting and Automation Engineer at Peloton
Seeing someone do the same repetitive clicking to complete mundane tasks frustrates you. Entering the same information into multiple screens make you cringe. You love diving into code and scripts to figure out why sections are not firing. As an Scripting and Automation Engineer on Peloton’s Employee Platform, Identity and Collaboration (EPIC) Engineering team, you'll be a part of the core team that enables the scalability and resiliency of the the services that Peloton provides that allow its teams to be productive and collaborative.The ideal candidate will be comfortable identifying manual operational tasks and finding creative and cutting edge solutions for automation. You should be comfortable seeing a project through from start to end; including identifying areas for improvement, researching the best way to tackle the problem, being able to describe to others why you chose the approach you did, and then implementing the solution; you are both a thinker and a doer.
- Identify and automate manual operational tasks performed by IT Service Delivery and EPIC Engineering teams (Experience working OKTA, Gsuite and Slack is highly preferred)
- Subject-matter expertise across all automation and scripting activities as it relates to both cloud and on-premises enterprise technology, and SaaS based collaboration tools
- Work with client stakeholders to gather information needed for business application integration and automation with Peloton’s IAM solution (Okta)
- Work with IT Service Delivery to on problem remediation via automation and scripting
- Work with cross functional technical teams to extended automation capabilities
- Identify and deploy internal process and automation improvements
- Work as an escalation point for the global IT support team
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of an IAM and Collaboration Systems strategy, with a roadmap of key deliverables and timelines
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate documentation, knowledge base articles.
- Help grow and mentor the global Enterprise Tech organization
- 5+ years scripting experience (Powershell, Bash, Python, Ruby etc.)
- 3+ years experience working with infrastructure as code (IaC) tools (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- 3+ years experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible etc.)
- 3+ years experience with Google’s command line management tool, GAM
- Experience scaling and integrating directories (LDAP, AD, Azure AD, etc.) with collaboration and productivity tools
- Experience utilizing vendor API libraries for automation of provisioning, deprovisioning and integration
- Love for automating all things and streamlining business functions
- Attention to detail and a security minded approach to solving problems
- Strong problem solving skills. The ability to adapt and overcome is a must
- Ability to drive concurrent projects and initiatives while managing operational escalations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Empathetic and humble with a customer-focused demeanor
- Comfortable working in hyper-growth environments
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.