Search and Discovery Engineer
Search and Discovery Engineer
At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organizations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, and underutilized knowledge.
We’ve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount of work to do. We’ve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
This role will work within our search and discovery team and our engineering organization at large. The team creates the next generation of discovery tooling by capturing, structuring, and leveraging the data flowing within the organization. We work closely with our stakeholders and end users to ensure that we build drastically improves their ability discover content and overall efficiency. Our work has immediate impact for our users and significant long term business impact.
We're looking for people who are interested in building software systems to an incredibly high standard, comfortable working across multiple languages, and learn quickly when new technologies are introduced. We care more about your engineering skill versus your deep knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Develop innovative search interfaces that are mission critical to our knowledge-search business
- Build elegant components that leverage our data to make discovery smarter and faster
- Build collaborative data tools that remove redundant work throughout the organization
- Create new and innovative ways to democratize data within the organisation
- Leverage the work of data scientists to make our products more accurate
You might be a fit if you:
- Have 3+ years experience in software engineering
- Can work through the full stack
- Enjoy writing code in a variety of languages
- Experience working with ElasticSearch, Solr, or other publicly available search engine a plus
- JVM experience a plus
- Constantly learn from and mentor other engineers
- See yourself as an entrepreneur as well as an engineer
- Are interested in working in a team applying data science to solve challenging business problems
Don't worry if your experience or background doesn't match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience provides great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways and we’d love to [hear from you].
You might work on:
- Launching new product initiatives that delight our clients and differentiate our services
- Working closely with stakeholders to determine which tools and improvements will improve their discovery experience
- Developing new, novel ways to provide personalized recommendations to our users
- Find, import, and make searchable public data that will be used to optimize the search process
Who you would work with:
- You would join a dynamic, multinational, and diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science and Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google and Amazon
Find out more: http://engineering.alphasights.com