Security Engineer I at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Cyber Security Engineer – Secure Design and Evaluation
Looking to continue building your career at MSK? Do you love analyzing data and telling stories with impactful insights in the healthcare domain? Passionate about making a difference? We have an exciting new opportunity to work with a collaborative team!
MSK is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer to join our IT team. This is a very exciting time at MSK, as we move forward on our journey through the digital transformation process. As the analyst supporting the Information Security Office, you will be a key member of a team of dedicated information security professionals who are on the front lines in defending MSK from active cyber threats.
As a Cyber Security Engineer in the Secure Design and Evaluation team you will:
- Perform technical (evaluation of technology) and nontechnical (evaluation of people and operations) risk and vulnerability assessments.
- Perform penetration testing on a wide range of applications, devices, physical and logical digital technologies (e.g., wireless, SCADA, telecom) to identify and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Analyze organization's cyber defense policies and configurations and evaluate compliance with regulations and organizational directives.
- Collaborate with engineers and developers to ensure secure design principles are met.
- Prepare assessment reports that identify technical and procedural findings and provide recommended remediation strategies/solutions.
- Assist with and execute departmental security projects and process development.
- Actively participate and assist in organizational information proof of concepts and enterprise project architecture.
- Assist with organization-wide vulnerability remediation activities.
- Advise with security risk mitigation efforts and provide guidance to facilitate new business partnerships, data transfers, and/or IT system implementations, in coordination with internal and external (non-MSK) stakeholders.
As a Cyber Security Engineer in the Secure Design and Evaluation team you:
- Have demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience of secure systems and network architecture design across multiple operating systems, development platforms, and other technologies (web, mobile, database, endpoint, cloud, virtual) and a demonstrated ability to use and understand how these various technologies function.
- Must demonstrate a hands-on ability in one or more scripting (Python, Perl or Shell/PowerShell) or programming (C/C++, Assembly) languages.
- Assist in developing and implementing an annual personal education plan to develop and maintain currency of security-related skills, technologies, methodologies, and best practices as well as participate in appropriate and relevant conferences and courses to maintain technical proficiency.
- Have a solid understanding of Scaled Agile and how to apply both Kanban and Scrum methodologies when participating in a project.
- Have knowledge of different classes of cyber attacks, cyber attack stages, vulnerabilities, application security risks and secure coding principles, network security architecture concepts, operating system hardening techniques.
- Have hands-on experience with penetration testing tools and techniques, network analysis tools, fuzzers, and vulnerability scanners.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.