Security Engineer II at Kustomer
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent, and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Security Engineer with experience in scaling operations through automation and rigorous security engineering practices. You will play a key part in Kustomer’s mission of offering the best-in-class security to our clients and keeping their customers’ data secure. Reporting to the Director of Security, you will help in executing the course for security initiatives, strategic decisions, and building security best practices into our systems, applications, and processes.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing or implementing open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention, and analysis of security threats and vulnerabilities
- Performing audits of security settings and configurations for tools and services across the wider organization
- Using scripting to create automation, simplification, and scalability of processes
- Collaborating with and educating other teams on raising the bar for security across the organization
- Coordinating with outside vendors to ensure smooth operations
- Planning, estimating, and completing assigned tasks that are part of the Security roadmap
- Participating in security incident response
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, wants a challenge
- Versatile, you are someone who has and is interested in multiple domains of information security
- Has some level of experience with project planning and level of effort estimation.
- Strong communication skills and excels at collaborating with others
- You stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence and key security concepts, including hackers’ methodologies
- 3+ years of experience working in a security role
- 2+ years of experience in AWS: Reviewing architecture, environment security, key management, deploying security tools
- Experience in security tool evaluation, deployment and configuration
- Experience in scripting for purposes of automating or improving security processes
- Previous coding / development experience a plus
- Previous experience working with a SaaS platform a plus
- Experience with Agile development methodology and DevSecOps
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.