Security Engineer, Operations
What You'll Do
- Implement an enterprise-grade security monitoring system to process infrastructure logs.
- Create software tools to simplify and speed log investigation and management processes.
- Build and monitor integrations between security solutions and ensure the completeness and accuracy of ingested data.
- Develop content, tune alerting and create correlation rules.
- Identify opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to create more visibility or defend key points of attack.
- Consume threat intelligence sources and perform vulnerability analysis.
- Identify security improvements to business processes and methodologies.
- Timely respond to security events, such as external attacks, information exposure, security incidents.
- Interface with peer departments within Security, and serve as an internal point of contact for all infrastructure security-related decisions, partnering with IT, Platform Engineering, Product and Business Development teams.
- Build positive, productive relationships with business and technology leadership.
What We Look For
- What We Look ForInterest and experience in security monitoring, SecDevOps; Previous experience as a DevOps engineer, SOC engineer is a plus
- Team player, high work ethics, attention to details is a must
- Programming languages and/or scripting skills to build automation, great problem-solving skills, and analytical mindset.
- Deep understanding of continuous integration / continuous deployment processes and tools.
- Strong cross-platform (Linux, MacOS, and Windows) administration-level experience
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols
- Ability to automate tasks using a scripting language (Python, Shell, etc).
- Knowledge of regular expressions is desired.
- Knowledge of Splunk, ElasticSearch, Sumologic is desired.
- Experience with a SIEM or Log Management System is desired
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- BA/BS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is required
- Security certification such as CISSP, OSCP is a plus