Security Engineer - Software Integrity and Trust at Datadog
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer for the Software Integrity and Trust team to ensure all client-facing software we build at Datadog has provable integrity and trustworthiness.
You’ll join at an ideal time to make a big impact: the need for robust software integrity is higher than it’s ever been; Datadog as a platform is growing fast and is used very widely. You’ll be involved in every step of the process—defining organization, strategy, and executing while hiring world-class security, data analytics, and software engineers.
- Fully understand Datadog’s software supply chain, build-pipeline security, delivery mechanisms and configuration management
- Build provable integrity mechanisms (such as TUF and in-toto) throughout the entire engineering organization
- Continue to reduce the attack surface of all of Datadog’s client-facing software with a particular forums on the build and supply chain attacks
- Represent Datadog in the open source software supply chain security community
- Track record of publishing internal/external design documents on software integrity or controlled execution mechanisms
- Knowledge of cryptographic methodologies and implementations
- Proven track record of delivering design ideas into implementations that are leveraged by multiple teams
- You are fluent in one or more modern coding languages (Python, Go, etc.)
- Strong interest in security
- You are able to work both independently and collaboratively
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Passionate about building products that engineers love and believe in the true outcome of DevOps that includes security
- Familiarity with integrity frameworks such as TUF and in-toto
- Known as a subject matter expert in the binary protection and/or integrity fields
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.