Security Engineer at Policygenius
Security Engineering at Policygenius...
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble team is dogma-free and data oriented. We are relentless in our mission to reliably and securely deliver outstanding products and services at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking people like yourself.
As a Security Engineer you’d join our growing InfoSec team helping to build a robust security culture. You’d work very closely with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Application Engineering, DevSecOps, and Technical Operations (TechOps) teams to ensure Poliygenius is doing all we can to protect the company’s and our customers’ data.
You will have the mindset of a technology partner and enabler who is seen as a trusted adviser. You will be able to educate, advise on system design, implement/configure/monitor security tools, and help drive an appreciation for security. If you like to better secure, introduce automation, and reduce risks then this role’s for you.
In this role, you will…
- Design, implement, and manage endpoint and multi-cloud security solutions to help the business meet objectives while keeping our customer data secure
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate security tasks
- Support agile threat modeling initiatives
- Collaborate with our SRE and TechOps teams to keep our environments secured
- Partner with engineering and devsecops teams to automate and integrate security controls into continuous integration, delivery and deployment processes
- Stay up-to-date on vulnerabilities and risks, and drive responses to protect our environment
- Respond to incidents as part of our incident response process
- Gather, aggregate, and analyze security related data
- Creating clear and concise documentation to formalize security processes
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 2+ years of experience within the security domain, including participating in delivery of projects, implementing and maintaining fullstack security solutions, and acting as a security champion for other engineers
- You have 2+ years of experience securing public cloud technologies (GCP preferred, but AWS, Azure etc are welcome!)
- You have experience working with tools like EDR, MDR, CASB, IDP, cloud and container monitoring, ZTN, email security, DLP, and vulnerability scanners
- You have working knowledge of endpoint, linux, containerization, databases, infrastructure-as-code technologies and network security engineering best practices
- You have familiarity with information security frameworks (e.g. NIST, CIS, or ISO) and experience architecting solutions to meet compliance requirements (e.g. PCI-DSS, GDRP, CCPA)
- You are a problem solver who is able to quickly digest issues and recommend an appropriate solution based on risk and need
- You have experience formulating a clear and actionable plan, with experience executing against it
- You can successfully work in a fast paced, agile environment.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!