Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
Braze, Inc is seeking a Security Engineer to join our team in New York City. The Security team is charged with the overall security of the entirety of mission-critical applications and the platforms they run on. This includes application and infrastructure security, but also compliance, education and training.
As a Security Engineer at Braze you will work on a diverse set of projects, tasks, and problems focused around:
- Work with Head of Security, DevOps team, and CTO to design and implement network and application security controls
- Improve secure engineering practices in the engineering organization
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments of Braze's applications, infrastructure, and security controls
- Assist Braze's Sales and Legal departments with business-related security evaluations
- Interface with other teams, and take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
You are a person who can enjoys translating complex attack vectors into plain english and show/teach people how to mitigate them. You enjoy trying to break things in order to make them better and more secure, and you are always keeping up with the forefront of security research and incorporating that research into your toolset.
As a Security Engineer at Braze you will be expected to have the following capabilities:
- 3+ years of experience working in an information security capacity
- The knowledge and ability to run a penetration test or a web application test by yourself
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services, Azure, and modern application architecture
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Red Team experience a plus
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.