Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, and recognized by The New York Times as ‘The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups’. Learn more at Braze.com.
Braze, Inc is seeking a Security Engineer to join our team in New York City. The Security team is charged with the overall security of the entirety of mission-critical applications and the platforms they run on. This includes application and infrastructure security, but also compliance, education and training.
As a Security Engineer at Braze you will work on a diverse set of projects, tasks, and problems focused around:
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Work with Information Security Manager, DevOps team, and CTO to design and implement network and application security controls
- Improve secure engineering practices in the engineering organization
- Conduct regular security and risk assessments of Braze's applications, infrastructure, and security controls
- Assist Braze's Sales and Legal departments with business-related security evaluations
- Interface with other teams, and take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives
- Interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
You are a person who can enjoys translating complex attack vectors into plain english and show/teach people how to mitigate them. You enjoy trying to break things in order to make them better and more secure, and you are always keeping up with the forefront of security research and incorporating that research into your toolset.
As a Security Engineer at Braze you will be expected to have the following capabilities:
- At least 4 years of experience working in an information security capacity
- The knowledge and ability to run a penetration test or a web application test by yourself
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services, Azure, and modern application architecture
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with SOC 2 and ISO 27001 information security standards
- Red Team experience a plus
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.