Security Engineer at Squarespace
Squarespace is looking for a Security Engineer to partner with our engineering teams to promote infrastructure security, and work on projects that enable a higher level of security across the Squarespace Platform. This role is based in our NYC office and reports to our Security Engineering Manager.
- Partner with various teams to bring standard methodologies to our infrastructure, products, and services
- Design, deploy, manage, and improve critical security infrastructure services and tools for secrets management, endpoint protection, VPN, logging, detection, etc.
- Improve security across all aspects of Squarespace’s infrastructure by hardening and configuring relevant services and features
- Analyze, design, and implement Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) systems
- Engineer and deploy secure solutions for container and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Work closely with the infrastructure and product teams who are moving to the cloud and ensure that they have secure-by-default systems
- Proficiency in at least 1 programming or scripting language (preference to Python, Go, Bash, or Java)
- Proficient knowledge and experience in network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP and BGP)
- Proficient knowledge and experience working with Public Key Infrastructure
- Experience in cloud environments (GCP preferred) and Linux containers and orchestration systems (Kubernetes preferred)
- Expertise in with DevOps technologies such as Anisble, Bamboo, Drone, or Jenkins
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager, or GCP Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
- Experience protecting against and mitigating real-world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS deployments, connectivity, network security, virtualization and compute
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.