Security Engineer at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Security Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What you’ll do
As a member of the Security Engineering team, you will be a central part of a larger Security organization that works to keep our patient data secure. At Flatiron, we create data driven defenses, not just compliance check boxes. We protect against threats to our business because we care about our patients and their quality of life, and are always looking for new ideas and trying to make sure the best ideas rise to the top of the heap. The Security Engineering team enables this by working across various security specialties to automate and optimize current workflows, as well as create novel solutions to industry problems. In addition, you’ll also:
- Architect and build tooling to support all aspects of the Security team.
- Work with the rest of the team to identify gaps in current capabilities and work to close them.
- Build, configure and maintain incredible platforms that introduce automation into existing workflows.
- Learn a ton about all the different paths in security.
- Ask, learn, and grow alongside skilled mentors.
You will work on a variety of cross functional projects across specialized Security teams, combining those experiences to further both Flatiron’s security program as well as your technical and professional skills.
Who You Are
You're someone who’s curious about how things work and what happens if you try to operate outside the defined constraints; you’re passionate about identifying issues and working with the appropriate stakeholders to solve them. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a strong sense of curiosity and an always learning mindset.
- You have a strong foundation in software engineering, with a proficiency in security engineering preferred. Example tools include:
- General Python or .Net development
- Security focused SDLC
- Burp Suite
- Splunk/SIEM tooling
- Custom API integrations
- You have had relevant technical internships, work experience or worked on interesting personal projects (show us your Github or website if applicable!)
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- You are able to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment; self motivated and results oriented, but able to ask for help and learn from a supportive team.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have strong experience and understanding in one or more Security specialities, including but not limited to
- Application Security
- Incident Response
- Infrastructure/Cloud Security
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.