Security Operations Engineer, Detection & Response at Chainalysis
Our security team defends the products, data and systems that power Chainalysis. We are committed to building a diverse team of builders, breakers and shapers to address complex security problems in a novel, exciting space.
This Security Operations Engineer will play a pivotal role in maturing our security operations and incident response capabilities.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You have matured our security incident response process:
- Developed runbooks
- Reduced security incident response time
- Increased coverage of detection capabilities
- Implemented corrective controls
- Trained incident commanders
- You have led the effort to improve and expand our detection capabilities across our products and enterprise infrastructure
- You have set up a process for Chainalysis to research and track emerging threats, to ensure teams understand relevant attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- You have matured our vulnerability management program by building a continuous process for identifying, prioritizing, remediating and reporting on progress
A background like this helps:
- Can work independently and solve complex problems within the detection and response space
- Identified threats and industry adversaries using security telemetry.
- Threat hunting, building alerts, and utilizing security dashboards.
- Built workflows with SOAR software.
- Familiarity with networking concepts in both physical (routers, switches, firewalls) and cloud environments (IAM, VPCs)
- Have integrating security into container and build images using Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar tools
- Experience with both VM (EC2) and Container (ECS, EKS/Kubernetes) security
- Automation of incident resolution using 3rd party tools with Python, Go, or similar language
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.