Security Operations Engineer at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Security
In the emerging industry of digital assets, there is nothing more important than trust (which is why
Gemini’s very first hires were Security experts). The Gemini Security team forms the backbone of all that
we do and is as diverse as the number of challenges we tackle in the crypto space. From security architecture and engineering to maintenance of cold storage systems and data centers to cybersecurity and litigation support, our team ensures that our customers, clients, and employees are safe, secure, and supported.
The Role: Security Operations Engineer
This individual will work closely with existing Security and Site Reliability Engineer teams to build, maintain and manage Gemini security infrastructure. Specific responsibilities include administering dedicated systems hosting security-critical functions, managing access-control for employees as well as monitoring and responding to incidents.
- 4+ years industry experience in information security or equivalent research background
- Strong background in Linux and system administration
- Proficient in Bash, Python, or other scripting languages
- Availability to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt)
- Familiarity with identity management, access-control and audit technologies
- Previous work on incident response & forensics
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.