Security Site Reliability Engineer at Paxos
At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
We are looking for a Security and Site Reliability Engineer to join our team. Paxos’ Information Security team owns responsibility for identifying and mitigating risks throughout our architecture and applications, modeling, gathering and analyzing threats, and engineering solutions to challenging problems that threaten confidentiality, integrity, and availability. The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team owns production and test infrastructure, EC2 instances, and databases, spanning three regions. We have moved to cutting edge technologies like EKS, implemented CI/CD solutions, and deployed security tools to help protect more than a billion dollars under custody.
You will report to the Chief Security Officer, working and attending stand-ups with Security and SRE teams. You'll often be embedded within SRE, working closely with its director SRE, our product engineering team to deploy and support cutting edge secure solutions. We believe in security through good architecture and proper configuration of infrastructure.
The Security Site Reliability Engineer will be a key player in assuring the resilience and security of everything we build and deploy, ensuring everything we do is enterprise grade and ready to scale.
What you'll do:
- Reporting directly to the Chief Security Officer (CSO) with a dotted-line report to Head of SRE, you will examine everything we do, and everything that we want to do, through a prism of assurance of confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- You will help us continually question everything we do to see if there are ways we can do it better.
- You will help architect intelligent solutions to real-world problems in a high-impact environment.
- You will work with our Security team, Head of SRE, and appropriate SRE and developer teams to understand intent and architect secure paths that enable our creative product team to realize their vision in a manner that is efficient, secure, and compliant.
- You will help scale and build our infrastructure as we build more products that rely on this infrastructure
- You will build visibility into our environment and applications that help us monitor and self-heal when problems arise.
- Own or co-own infrastructure projects end-to-end that span multiple teams.
- You'll help us articulate risk in more and more granular ways to enable the business to make rational, good choices.
- You will automate code deployments so that we can release multiple times a day
- You will have active involvement and mentorship of junior engineers doing code reviews resulting in up leveling the skill set for the entire team
You should have:
- A security mindset. We want people who think like an adversary and have an eye for how systems can be made to fail (and how to fix them).
- 5 years experience managing a Linux environment on a major cloud provider
- Experience programming in at least one language we use (Go, Java, Kotlin, .Net Core)
Other than these qualifications, we're hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do and can't wait to join an amazing team!
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
- The Paxos Blog
- Paxos Raises $300 Million Series D
- The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
- Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
- Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
- Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
- Fireside Chat with Paxos CEO Chad Cascarilla and Robinhood CEO Vlad Tenev