Security Software Engineer
Namely’s mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. We’re an HR, payroll, and benefits platform that provides the technology, data, and support that HR professionals need and employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, and we believe every company and employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, and obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
As a Security Engineer at Namely, you will be responsible for building solutions to enhance the security and reliability of the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of scaling operations through automation and rigorous security engineering practices. This is a hands-on position where you will work with the Engineering and Product teams to identify security issues and enable the safe and continuous delivery of innovative features to production. You will work in an open and collaborative environment, receive hands-on mentorship, and have ample opportunities to grow and accelerate your career.
- Write code to build security tooling and automation
- Configure and secure cloud infrastructure
- Detect and respond to incidents on the Namely platform
- Collaborate with engineering teams to architect and ship projects securely
- Champion agile application security practices
- 4+ years experience working in a security role
- Exceptional understanding key security concepts, technologies, and processes
- Experience automating, maintaining, and securing infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- Experience with microservices architectures and containerization
- Experience using system orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Chef, or Puppet
- Fluency in one or more server-side programming languages (e.g. Ruby, C#, Python, Go)
- Passion for collaboration and strong communication skills
- Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize effectively with minimal supervision
Nice to Have's:
- Technical security certifications: EC-Council, ISC2 (CISSP), SANS GIAC, OSCP etc..
- Previous work experience at a startup or in the HR/Financial space
Namely is the first HR, payroll, and benefits platform employees actually love to use. People are at the center of everything we do—from our platform to our staff. Why join us? We believe every company and every employee deserves a great workplace, supported by HR technology they use and love. Most importantly, we believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional and voluntary, and none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.