The Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineer: Automation & Assembly Systems has overall responsibility for the development of automation & assembly systems, from concept design through launch. The successful candidate will research, develop, benchmark, and recommend state-of-the-art automation & assembly processes, internally and in conjunction with OEMs, integrators, etc. The (AME) will develop and gather technical requirements, participate in DFA efforts, create process and equipment SOR’s and specifications, perform detailed cost calculations, create/manage project timelines, and oversee equipment FAT, SAT, launch and running changes.
- Serve as the engineering lead in a cross-functional automation and assembly system engineering team
- Write equipment specifications, SORs for new or modified equipment and/or obtaining agreement on specifications of equipment
- Provide technical factory support, continuous improvement ideas, and other duties as assigned
- Greenfield/Brownfield plant layout, equipment install, startup, debug experience
- CapEx development and proposal: ROI, make-vs-buy, IRR, and payback analysis
- Development of DFMEA, PFMEA, and control plans
- Create Work/Maintenance Instructions, Value-Stream Mapping, Process Mapping
- Solid project management experience. Lead process and project status reviews
- Experience with machine shop equipment, measuring tools & gages, hand tools, etc.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes (CNC, Injection Molding, Casting, Stamping, Welding, etc.)
- Management of large manufacturing capital projects ($5M+)
- Domestic and international travel required: 30% or more as needed by the business
- B.S. in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial); Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years automation and assembly systems development experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment (concept through high-volume production)
- 5+ years high-volume consumer product assembly automation experience
- Expert level knowledge of automation systems (PLC, HMI, vision, robotics, fastening networking, RFID, MES, MRP, ERP, etc.; Recognized Automation/Assembly System SME
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing principles
- Experience with supplier selection/qualification, RFI, RFP, RFQ, PO process
- Experience managing OEM’s, through equipment procurement and development process
- Knowledge of MSDS, OSHA, NFPA, IEC, Ergonomics, ISO, ANSI etc.
- Knowledge of GD&T, Tolerance stack analysis
- Use of Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet’s, SAP applications
- Expert level CAD/CAM knowledge/user of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, etc.
- Ability to create & interpret component, assembly, equipment drawings (schematics)
- Knowledge of IoT, AI, AR, VR, predictive maintenance, etc.
- RIA, AIA, GCCS, etc. certified preferred
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.