Senior Android BSP Engineer at Peloton
Peloton’s System Engineering team is looking for a skilled and highly motivated Senior Android BSP engineer interested in being a part of a global team working on the next generation Peloton platform based on Android. Previous experience in working on projects at a system level is a plus. The ideal candidate would be able to work across core components of the Android software stack to develop new software modules as well as debug and integrate existing solutions that are generic across multiple infotainment platforms.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years of embedded software development or testing in embedded C/C++
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experience working on the core Android stack, especially with the framework, HAL, and/or Linux kernel
- Strong understanding of ARM architecture
- Strong understanding of operating systems such as Android and Linux, BSP development, Android build system and Linux kernel driver development
- Strong understanding of Git/Gerrit
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Ability to mentor, coach and lead other team members
- A passion for developing new products, and experience working the complete SW development life cycle.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Take ownership of and maintain Android BSP for various Peloton products
- Analyze requirements and specifications and translate them into software designs
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms
- Test software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved
- Participate in internal and customer-driven design reviews
- Coordinate software development activities with the software Team Lead
- Identify product requirement or performance issues and work with the software Team Lead to negotiate a resolution
- Communicate with peers inside Peloton to coordinate software development, including occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups
- Manages projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process
- Direct the work of 1-2 other engineers.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.