Senior Android Engineer -Ads at Grubhub (Greater NYC Area, NY)
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
We're looking for an Android engineer to join our team and help take our Android apps to the next level, with a focus around serving the best Ads experience to our diners. You will be collaborating with a team of the best backend engineers, product managers, business stakeholders, data scientists and other frontend engineers as we rebuild the Ad experience from the ground up.
Innovation, research, architecture, authentic fun, and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you're excited to work on a product that is changing the way food delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Impact You Will Make
- Improve diner experience around Ads across our Android apps thereby directly impacting revenue
- Communicate with designers, product owners, and other engineers to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Creatively solve complex technical problems for our Grubhub and Seamless brands
- Collaborate with other engineers, data scie ntists, product managers, and business teams to make sure data products are aligned with business objectives and organizational needs.
- Contribute to the full development lifecycle of projects, and elevate team performance by participating in code reviews, promoting best practices, and identifying process improvements.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we'll need your help to do that.
What You Bring to the Table
- 4+ years of experience building Android apps in Kotlin/Java using the Android SDK
- A strong understanding of the Android app lifecycle and common design patterns (MVVM, MVI) for building and structuring apps from the data layer all the way up to the UI
- Demonstrated skills in writing clear, correct, and performant code
- A strong working knowledge of writing concurrent software that consumes web services
- A passion for automated testing, with real-world experience building software with high test coverage using dependency injection
- Experience and a good understanding of app performance and debugging techniques
- Experience working closely with multiple stakeholders from product, design, and other engineering teams
- A history of building software with teams-you enjoy brainstorming solutions and communicating technical ideas and issues with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- The ability to clearly communicate technical concepts in written form
- Strong computer science fundamentals from a college degree in Computer Science, a related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous working environment
- Prior experience in the ads platform space is a plus
- You will work with your team to monitor and ensure the health of the platform, which includes a 24/7 hour on-call rotation, to ensure a great customer experience.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: In the event the role you are applying for requires you to report to an office, you must be able to provide proof of full Covid-19 vaccination prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine."
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.