You will be working within an agile scrum team building Android application features to support software rollout and maintenance on every Peloton Connected Fitness Device. We are looking for a Android developer to help develop this system as it continues to grow at scale. The Device Management team is unique as it is cross functional and touches every part of Peloton's core business. This opportunity gives you the ability to work on a team that is growing rapidly and have the ability to drive decision making across the team that will have a large impact.
YOU WILL HAVE:
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- Extensive understanding of frameworks & architecture patterns within Android OS
- Experience with Git
- Experience building background services
- Solid experience interacting with REST APIs
- Passion for building a scalable and responsive customer-facing applications
- Experience with profiling UI, memory and threading in Android
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX, and UI requirements into code implementations
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Expresso
- Contribute to open source communities (i.e: Github)
- Diverse knowledge of other programming languages
- Experience in an Agile Environment
Please note: This is a full-time position that should be based in our NYC HQ once our office reopens.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that Together, We go Far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.