Senior Android Engineer
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco and Singapore. And we have over 400 employees and are growing!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze SDK Engineering Team builds customer engagement SDKs for the world's best known apps and sites. We provide rich APIs for integrating with our system as well as highly functional and flexible user interfaces. Our mission is to relentlessly optimize for performance, ease of integration, clean API design, and reliability.
WHO YOU ARE
- BS in Computer Science and 5+ years of relevant experience
- 5+ years Android development experience
- Strong coding experience in java
- Should have worked with most of the following: multithread coding, memory/performance debugging, UI development, continuous integration, build systems, code libraries/apis, mobile dependency managers (ie CocoaPods, Gradle, Carthage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in multiple mobile platforms
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday. Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.