You will be working on Peloton Product Engineering team, building Android applications for our Members. These applications include our Google Play Store mobile app, our Fire TV app, and the flagship Peloton experience that comes with every Peloton Bike and Tread. You will get the opportunity to develop customer-facing features in Kotlin and deliver best-in-class fitness experiences across several different markets.
As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for iterating on process, technology, and communication throughout your team. You will also have the responsibility to assist and grow the more mid/junior engineers around you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Passion for building a scalable and responsive customer facing applications
- 6+ years of software development experience, 4+ years Android development experience
- Solid experience with Git
- Solid experience interacting with REST APIs
- Solid understanding of architecture patterns, namely MVI and MVVM
- Solid understanding of Android threading and processing
- Experience with profiling UI, memory and threading in Android
- Ability to collaborate with UX and design teams on design execution feasibility
- Ability to effectively translate Product, UX and UI requirements into code implementations
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Previously published application(s) to Google Play Store
- Have experience with automation testing, such as Espresso
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.