Senior Android Engineer
Hinge is looking for a thoughtful, well rounded Android Engineer who will help us build and maintain our mobile application. We want a passionate Android Engineer who cares deeply about writing high-quality code and working with peers.
- Implement major components and new product features as described in functional specifications
- Collaborate with other engineers and participate in planning, design, white-boarding, and code reviews to deliver a great experience
- Work with other teams to define requirements, timelines, and prioritization for Android projects
- Drive personal growth by establishing strong feedback loops with direct manager
- 4-6 years of experience and app(s) in the Google Play Store
- Highly experienced with RxJava & Kotlin on Android
- A min of 3 years of experience working on an engineering team
- You are architecturally-minded, thoughtful, and detail-oriented
- You are a clear and articulate communicator who thrives on discussions about complex topics
- You are confident in skills and ability to partner with and mentor junior engineers
- Enjoy working closely with other disciplines, such as product, design, and marketing to maintain Hinge as the best-designed dating app.
- You have opinions on engineering best practices and are excited to share ideas
- Eager to make meaningful contributions to a company that brings millions of people together
Objectives in the first three months
- Understand the architectural principles of the Android codebase and apply them in your work
- Contribute to discussions about codebase strengths and weaknesses
- Own and deliver a major project start-to-finish
- Plan and estimate your own work in weekly sprint planning meetings
We believe the quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life. So when it comes to your most important relationship, it makes sense to take a more thoughtful approach. Hinge provides an alternative to swipe culture by creating smart matches and natural conversations among people who are on the same page. That’s why 75% of our first dates turn into second dates, and why we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the NYTimes Wedding section. Hinge is where the next generation is going when they’re over dating games and ready to find meaningful connections.
- Open: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Candid: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly, in real time.
- Kind: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
- Bold: Proactively identify and pursue opportunity. Think big and don’t be afraid to take calculated risks.
- Discerning: Think and act using the appropriate combination of principles, common sense, data, and insight.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.