Senior Android Engineer
What You'll Do
- Have a real impact on our customer’s lives. You’ll create a mobile experience that our customers use every single day to do their jobs. Small improvements make a big difference here.
- Bring our existing app into the future. You’ll have the freedom to leverage the latest technologies and best practices in the Android world.
- Be a founding member. VTS is growing fast and we’re looking for a foundational Android engineer to build a team around.
- Create multiple products. VTS is expanding beyond the core product and our mobile strategy is evolving with that growth.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- You are fluent in both Java (the language we currently use) and Kotlin (the language we’d like to use)
- You strongly value automated testing and implements good testing practices
- You have strong knowledge of the Android UI SDK and an eye for UX You have strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
- You’re excited and undaunted by being our first Android engineer (we have an existing iOS team who you will partner with)
- You have shipped multiple apps to the Google Play store
- Experience building for multiple device targets and locales
We Take Care of You
- Competitive compensation packages, including equityGreat medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Fantastic location with easy walk to most major subway lines (Times SQ)
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone
- A company that embraces and celebrates diversity
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks