VTS is the fastest growing PropTech company in the history of commercial real estate (CRE). We have transformed a $15 trillion dollar industry with our award-winning platform which is used by more than 700 of the world’s leading landlords and brokers to manage their revenue. We’re continuing to expand our product offerings with our plan to build the industry’s first and only end-to-end, transactional leasing marketplace, truva.com. Truva will enable tenants to search for and lease space with VTS landlords and broker clients online - a process that has traditionally been offline and difficult.
It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team - we recently reached unicorn status after raising $90 million in series D funding led by our clients (believed to be the largest venture financing in the history of commercial real estate software), we recently made the Forbes Cloud 100 list of the hottest private cloud companies, and are featured in Crain's best places to work!
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have hubs in other major US cities, Toronto, CA and London, UK.
Learn more at vts.com or @WeAreVTS
ABOUT THE ROLE:
VTS is seeking a Senior Android Engineer to become a part of our growing mobile team. This is an opportunity to join a tight-knit mobile team and lead the future direction of the VTS mobile app that’s used to power over 30% of all commercial real estate in the US.
What You'll Do
- Have a real impact on our customer’s lives. You’ll create a mobile experience that our customers use every single day to do their jobs. Small improvements make a big difference here.
- Bring our existing app into the future. You’ll have the freedom to leverage the latest technologies and best practices in the Android world.
- Be a founding member. VTS is growing fast and we’re looking for a foundational Android engineer to build a team around.
- Create multiple products. VTS is expanding beyond the core product and our mobile strategy is evolving with that growth.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- You are fluent in both Java (the language we currently use) and Kotlin (the language we’d like to use)
- You strongly value automated testing and implements good testing practices
- You have strong knowledge of the Android UI SDK and an eye for UX You have strong customer empathy and a focus on quality
- You’re excited and undaunted by being our first Android engineer (we have an existing iOS team who you will partner with)
- You have shipped multiple apps to the Google Play store
- Experience building for multiple device targets and locales
We Take Care of You
- Competitive compensation packages, including equityGreat medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Fantastic location with easy walk to most major subway lines (Times SQ)
- Generous family policies
- Training and career development programs for everyone
- A company that embraces and celebrates diversity
- 401K plan
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Team lunches, company happy hours, ample snacks and drinks
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Read Full Job Description