Healthcare is too hard. At Zocdoc, we strive every day to make it easier for patients to get the care they need. Founded with a mission to give power to the patient, Zocdoc enables the seamless healthcare experience patients expect and deserve. Every day, we hear from patients who tell us about the very real difference we’ve made in their lives. You can hear some of their stories here.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about this decision from Zocdoc's founder and CEO, Oliver Kharraz.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Mobile Engineer, focused on Android to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! In this role, you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship. You’ll work on some of our most exciting and complex projects. Mobile Engineers focus on building out our mobile technology infrastructure and are responsible for helping to grow Zocdoc’s reach and drive increased patient conversions. You’ll build scalable products that make the healthcare experience for patients, providers, and Zocdocr’s simpler, safer, and more efficient.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Are passionate about mobile technologies and how they are used to reach the consumer
- Are a product-driven engineer
- Are excited to use mobile technology to enhance the consumer experience
- Are self-driven
- Enjoy working on a team that functions as one and always strives to make both the team and product better
- Enjoy mentoring others
Your day to day is…
- Being an influential contributor as you develop, test and release our mobile applications. Shipping production code using Kotlin/Java to hundreds of thousands of users autonomously and participating in technical discussions on developing product features
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers
- Making a meaningful impact as you own and release mobile features that will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocr’s alike
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Passion for technology and the ability to think critically about performance, scalability, and reliability of software
- 4+ years of mobile experience, (Kotlin/Java expertise is preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with backend API services (REST API and GQL)
- A Computer Science or related degree preferred
- Competitive PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Discounted gym memberships
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
- Team outings to celebrate goals
Of course, your healthcare experience probably isn’t perfect yet. But no matter what, we’ll continue to put the patient’s needs first. We simply believe there’s no better way to deliver the great healthcare experience we all deserve. We created Zocdoc to solve patient problems, beginning with online appointment-booking – and we haven’t stopped building since. With Zocdoc, you can see doctors’ open appointment times and book instantly online, make informed choices with verified reviews, and stay on top of important checkups with tailored reminders.