Senior Application Engineer
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots. Our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies. We are building an organization where you can do the best work of your career.
In this role, you will be joining the Detection Tau Team. Inspired by one our core company values Creating Tau by empowering others, our team is responsible for providing solutions that force multiply our team of brilliant researchers, analysts and data scientists in our hunt for the bad guys.
What you'll do:
- Architect, implement and deliver applications so that data scientists, threat researchers, malware reversers and fraud ops analysts can find badness faster.
- Some or all of the following:
- Build React (or Vue, Angular, Ember) applications with visualizations in D3 to make important internal workflows more seamless and efficient
- Develop APIs in nodejs (or flask, spring boot) to our internal services exposing the right set of hooks and opening up our system to automation
- Write browser extensions, build prototype Android apps, draw architectural diagrams, gather lots of information and channel that into building quick solutions that reduce our time to detection
- Integrate custom applications and services with our current set of off the shelf BI, investigation, ingest and analytics capabilities to make the best of use of all the software at our disposal
- Work closely with teams across NYC, Victoria, VA, London and Argentina on focused projects to deeply understand each team’s unique set of requirements while constantly looking for ways to consolidate and reduce technical debt.
- Travel is not required but we’d love for you to be open to spending time at one of our locations on a quarterly basis.
- Be a toolmaker and a bridge-builder. Find the levers for disproportionate impact.
Who you are:
- You have experience leading a team of application engineers to build high quality software
- You enjoy mentoring other developers and you are proactive in teaching your teammates what you know
- You are a humble, empathetic, moral person with a sense of humor and a passion for your craft
- You are ok just using Bootstrap to get the job done for internal tools but also excited about the potential for that idea to turn into the next big product feature
- You are “full stack enough” – you’re able to integrate the appropriate frontend, backend, security and infrastructure components so that you and your team can deliver as self-sufficiently as possible
- You maybe have some native application development experience, enough to feel comfortable quickly prototyping something to validate a hypothesis
- You may not be an expert in cloud technologies but you are excited about the prospect of becoming a better one to help us move faster
- You are knowledgeable about database technologies like Redis, PostgreSQL and DynamoDB, and when to use one over the other
- You are a firm believer in and practitioner of CI/CD best practices
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and cheaper
- You have an open attitude and collaborate well across team boundaries
- You enjoy hackathons
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is centrally located in NYC in the heart of the Flatiron District. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform • We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission • We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity • We're committed to building a product companies need • We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work •