We're looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Application Security Team to understand our architectures, read our code, break the apps, and find the problems before the bad guys do (through penetration testing, ethical hacking, code review, design review, etc.). You'll build frameworks, APIs, processes, and whatever else is necessary to keep our web applications secure. In addition, you'll also:
- Stay on the leading edge of security research and make sure the company responds to new things quickly.
- Build application security champions. Teach engineers how to write secure code.
- Own the responsibility of securing our products!
Our security team embodies a collaborative, efficient, and flexible working environment. While responsibilities are clearly defined, we share a common purpose and goal: employing all measures to protect against threats to our business, because our technology governs the treatment of millions of cancer patients. For us, application security is way more than just code reviews and penetration testing. It's about complete development workflows, defining a security culture, and advocating for security features (like 2FA) in systems. We are always looking for new ideas and trying to make sure the best ideas rise to the top of the heap. We focus on results; we are often architects, designers and engineers, not just advisors.
Who You Are
You're an Application Security Engineer with 3 years of experience. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You Have a strong foundation in and in-depth technical knowledge of application security, particularly web application security
- You possess strong foundational knowledge of the web and the various technologies that tie it together.
- You sympathize with the complexity of being a developer and want to help make writing secure code easier.
- You can read code like a book, and be proficient in writing in a language or two. Python, Go, and/or C#/.NET are preferred but not required.
- You understand security’s role in Agile and DevOps workflows with a desire to continually reduce friction between security and engineers.
- You have a general knowledge of cloud architectures and deployment processes
- You’re able to deal with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast paced and changing environment; self motivated and results oriented.
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.